1/5 Photos of Cheesy Eggplant (Aubergine) Pesto Stacks
I found this recipe on the internet somewhere, but have tweaked it a bit. Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables, but I haven't found all that many recipes where it is allowed to take center stage; it is usually buried under so many other ingredients and flavors. This recipe is also a nice way to use up left-over pesto. Preparation time is mainly standing time for the eggplant as it drains its bitter juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven at 375°F, and oil a shallow baking pan.
- 2Cut the eggplant crosswise into 12 1/3 inch thick slices, discarding the ends.
- 3Arrange in one layer on paper towels.
- 4Sprinkle both sides of slices evenly with salt and cover with another layer of paper towels.
- 5Let eggplant stand 30 minutes.
- 6Rinse salt off, and pat dry with paper toweling.
- 7Arrange 4 eggplant slices in one layer in pan and spread each slice evenly with 1 teaspoon pesto.
- 8Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella evenly over pesto on each slice.
- 9Continue to layer remaining eggplant slices, pesto, and mozzarella in the same way.
- 10Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon parmesan or romano evenly over each stack and bake in middle of oven until eggplant is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Eggplant (Aubergine) Pesto Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 1436.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: