If you don't like eggplant just substitute your favorite vegetable...broccoli, spinach, zucchini.
Make and share this Cheesy Eggplant (Aubergine) - Orzo Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook orzo according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferable non-stick, over medium high heat.
- Add eggplant and next 3 ingredients, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomato and cook 2 minutes.
- Add sundried tomatoes, orzo and next 3 ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon orzo mixture into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and pinenuts, sprinkling over orzo mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Uncover and bak 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.