Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a simply amazing eggplant dish! .... even if you are not an eggplant lover you will LOVE THIS! You can prepare this recipe completely, refrigerate to bake in the oven later.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
If I could give this 10 stars, I would! I made this exactly as the recipe, and it was so easy! I love eggplant! My hubby doesn't like it, but then, that's more for me!! Thanks so much Kitten, this is a keeper for sure!
- 8 slices eggplants (center-cut about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- seasoning salt (or white salt)
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese (you can use less)
- 2 cups favorite marinara sauce (I use my Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian) for this)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large baking or cookie sheet.
- Season the eggplant slices with seasoning salt (or white salt) and pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, then place the eggs in another bowl.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in another bowl (you should have three separate shallow bowls!).
- Coat the eggplant rounds first in the flour, then in the eggs (letting any excess egg drip off) and then coat in the breadcrumbs patting with your hands to adhere the crumbs to the eggplant.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in a couple of eggplant rounds (or one round depending on the size of your skillet, I do this one my large flat electric grill) brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant rounds.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese over the top of each round.
- Top with marinara sauce and then sprinkle with grated mozzeralla cheese equally over each round.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until hot and the cheese has melted.