1/3 Photos of Cheesy Egg Potato and Ham Frittata Brunch Casserole
This makes a wonderful weekend brunch, I have made it many time in the past, it's very easy to make too! You can make this using cold cooked finely diced potatoes in place of hash browns, I have made this using leftover potatoes with great success! Feel free to add in green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, skiced mushrooms, or whatever you wish! The skillet cooking time will take slightly longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (use the shredded hash browns)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, divided (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed (can use more or less)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or use full-fat milk or 18% table cream)
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Heat oil and butter in a skillet; add in frozen shredded potatoes, both onions, cayenne pepper (if using) 1 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper to taste; cook for about 8-10 minutes or until just very lightly browned.
- 4Add in ham and cook for 3 minutes more, mixing occasionally with a wooden spoon or spatula; transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 5In a bowl whisk together the eggs with whipping cream, Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt then pour the egg mixture into the baking dish; toss with the potatoes.
- 6Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and sprinkle with about 2 cups grated cheddar cheese; return to oven uncovered for another 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- 8Cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Egg Potato and Ham Frittata Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.8
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 388.5 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: