Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful, healthy, and my kids and family love this receipe. They eat it to the last scraping out of the casserole dish.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- salt and pepper
- beat eggs and add cottage cheese.
- Stir together.
- Add flour and butter, then cheese and chiles.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Can make ahead and keep in refrigerator uncooked overnight.
- Great for brunches.
- Can add other ingredients to jazz it up (mushrooms, onions, whatever suits your fancy).
- Wonderful to make ahead for family events.
This dish was wonderful. My family loved it, even my two year old. I sauteed some onions and mushrooms and added them to the mix. I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Monterey Jack. This is definately something that I will make again.
This was so yummy... I did reduce the cheese to one cup and added sausage... My kids gobbled it down!
I would not call 23 grams of fat per serving "healthy" so I cut the cheese in half and used fat free cottage cheese. Came out fine. Next time I might add some Parmesan cheese to give it a little more flavor.