Recipe by Melanie Baxter
Wonderful, healthy, and my kids and family love this receipe. They eat it to the last scraping out of the casserole dish.
Top Review by charliedacia
This dish was wonderful. My family loved it, even my two year old. I sauteed some onions and mushrooms and added them to the mix. I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Monterey Jack. This is definately something that I will make again.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- beat eggs and add cottage cheese.
- Stir together.
- Add flour and butter, then cheese and chiles.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Can make ahead and keep in refrigerator uncooked overnight.
- Great for brunches.
- Can add other ingredients to jazz it up (mushrooms, onions, whatever suits your fancy).
- Wonderful to make ahead for family events.