I make this for family brunches. Make it the night before and just bake it in the morning. Serve with coffeecake and fresh fruit. I've always received compliments when I serve this.
- Toss Monterey Jack cheese with flour; place in bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Place chopped Canadian Bacon evenly over cheeses.
- Beat eggs and milk in bowl and pour over the bacon.
- Cover and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove from frig for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- (Time does not reflect refrigeration time).
Great for Easter breakfast. I would make it again but with half the cheese (it was a bit too salty). I also had to cook it for 60 minutes not the indicated 40-45.
Made this tonight (w/out the overnight fridge time) & subbed Egg Beaters & skim milk & this was YUMMY!! It is wonderful as is, but I think it's a great base recipe & can't wait to remake with some peppers, broccoli, mushrooms & onions. Thanks for sharing!
This was a hit on Easter. My family loved it and not one piece left!! I used 1 lb of sausage instead of the canadian bacon and it was the best!! I wanted a recipe without the bread....5+ stars!!Thanks!