Recipe by Fauve
Makes a great family breakfast brunch. You may make this one a day ahead and keep the casserole chilled in the refrigerator until ready to bake. It's especially nice to have this dish prepared and ready to place in the oven for those hectic, hurried holiday morning breakfasts. Recipe from Southern Living magazine, January 1986.
Top Review by SpacieCase
I added mushrooms, a few slices of bacon (crumbled), and green onions, as well as a little bit of spicy brown mustard (about 1 to 1 1/2 tsp.). The dish really tasted fine, but unfortunately, nobody cared for the texture.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (2 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) jarwhole pimientos (optional)
- green pepper (optional)