Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Loaded with cheese, sauce, meats, and pasta--probably on Heaven's menu, too! Great way to use that ground venison burger.
- 2 cups shell pasta, cooked & drained
- 2 cups rotini pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork or 1⁄2 lb bulk sausage
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs (basil, oregano, parsley for starters)
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (or 1 quart home-made)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stem & pieces drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Boil pasta according to package instructions, drain and pour into 13x9 pan.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the meats; sprinkle with herbs, mixing well. Remove from heat.
- Mix spaghetti sauce (I use half home-made canned sauce and half from a store-can) with meat; add mushrooms and peppers; pour over pasta in pan.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheeses.
- Cover with foil or lid; bake for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more (crusty and bubbly).
- VARIATION: Add sliced black olives.
- VARIATION #2: Use leftover spaghetti-meat sauce.
- VARIATION #3: Leave out the ground meats and ONLY use pepperoni -- completely different taste to it!
Really different kind of dish. I used venison sausage (on the spicy side) and instead of the spaghetti sauce - green chili peppers I used tomatoes with chilies (just what I had to work with). I used all rotini pasta. Had some left overs but not for long. Reheated well and was gone. Thanks!