1/1 Photo of Cheesy Easy Cavatini * Venison Optional
Loaded with cheese, sauce, meats, and pasta--probably on Heaven's menu, too! Great way to use that ground venison burger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shell pasta, cooked & drained
- 2 cups rotini pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork or 1/2 lb bulk sausage
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs (basil, oregano, parsley for starters)
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (or 1 quart home-made)
- 3 1/2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stem & pieces drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Boil pasta according to package instructions, drain and pour into 13x9 pan.
- 2While pasta is cooking, brown the meats; sprinkle with herbs, mixing well. Remove from heat.
- 3Mix spaghetti sauce (I use half home-made canned sauce and half from a store-can) with meat; add mushrooms and peppers; pour over pasta in pan.
- 4Sprinkle on the grated cheeses.
- 5Cover with foil or lid; bake for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more (crusty and bubbly).
- 6VARIATION: Add sliced black olives.
- 7VARIATION #2: Use leftover spaghetti-meat sauce.
- 8VARIATION #3: Leave out the ground meats and ONLY use pepperoni -- completely different taste to it!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Easy Cavatini * Venison Optional
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.7
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 1141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs