Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the Quick Cooking magazine. Love that magazine!!!! It is quick and easy and great with those winter soup and stews.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar or pepper jack, 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients, in a large bowl, until just blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfulls onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now grab that bowl of chili, soup, or stew and enjoy!
This is a good recipe for a weeknight when you don't have much ambition - quick & oh so easy! Mine didn't rise very much either so we just dunked them in our Broccoli Cheese soup. We weren't that fussy on the sour cream flavour but thats just personal taste. Thanx JQ!
Very good tasting biscuits. I think that the sour cream added a moistness to them and I also loved the added flavor of the cheddar. I will use this recipe again and thanks so much for sharing it.
These are great. Mine turned out a bit flat, so almost like a cross between a biscuit and a cheese wafer. I loved the flavor, even cold ! I halved the recipe and still had leftovers... that's how I discovered that they tasted good cold... (raiding the fridge).