Recipe by Camzmom
I found this in Home Magazine several years back. They taste very similar to the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster.
Top Review by Lisa Gay
We really liked these but I had to add more buttermilk to make them of the "dropping" consistency as they were way to dry otherwise. When they came out of the oven I brushed them with melted butter with a tad bit of garlic powder added. Other than the dryness issue, these were really good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if you like it more garlic)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- additional parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl shift together the first 5 ingredients then.
- Add both cheeses.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients just until moist.
- Drop about 1/4 cup full of batter on to a greased baking sheet. (Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired).
- Bake at 450°F for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm (taste best that way) Refrigerate any left-over biscuits.