Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Desperate to find something that the kids like, and are easy for the most fussy eaters in your household, try these. Any variation works, a homey treat for adults and kids.
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ounce oil (for frying)
- 1 loaf bread, sliced
- 1 onion
- 4 slices ham (any meat works)
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 ounces cheese, sliced
- Beat eggs with the seasoning in a large enough dish to place filled sandwiches.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Make up your favourite sandwiches; e.g. ham and cheese, cheese and onion, cheese and tomato (you choose).
- Dip both sides of sandwich in the egg.
- Fry on both sides until crisp and golden.
- Try what you like; a little chili in the egg mix would heat this recipe up.
- Sweet sandwiches also work; peanut butter, jam, chocolate spread.