Recipe by BLUE ROSE
Found this recipe to try for killer. I have not made this for him yet. Time does not include prep time.
Top Review by peaches037
WOW, couldn't believe how much the "kids" loved these. Best ones yet. The Mastif, the Pitt and the Dalmation all loved these. They were at the kitchen drooling while they were baking..thanks for a crowd pleaser!!
- 1 cup rolled oats (such as Quaker)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon or 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine and boiling water; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, cheese and egg; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form a stiff dough.
- On floured surface, knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and no longer sticky, 3 to 4 minutes. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with bone shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes on until golden brown. Cool completely. Store loosely covered. Makes 3 1/2 dozen large dog biscuits or 8 dozen small dog biscuits.