Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe at Ricearoni.com. But I have adjusted the ingredient amounts to cover 4 chicken breasts. I made 3 breasts and barely had enough coating, so i increased it. Makes the juiciest chicken I have ever tried! Kid friendly to boot, my 5 year old even likes it, with Ranch on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or more per your taste) or 4 teaspoons prepared mustard (or more per your taste)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine bread crumbs and basil.
- Spread one side of chicken with mustard. Coat chicken with bread crumbs mixture; dip into beaten eggs, then coat again with bread crumbs.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle with cheese when hot so it melts slightly.