Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe for dinner.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 ounces mozzarella string cheese (sticks)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 35 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced thin and lightly sauteed
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its steel blade, place 2 1/4 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- Process 5 seconds, until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar, and 2 teaspoons oil.
- With the.
- processor running, slowly pour water mixture through feeding tube.
- After completely mixed, if the dough is too soft, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth ball forms.
- Process on"pulse" for 25 seconds to knead dough.
- Place dough in a bowl that has been coated with cooking spray; turn the dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using fingertips, spread dough to cover the bottom of a.
- 12" pizza pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Push dough up to the.
- edge of the pan, forming a rim.
- If dough is too sticky, dust with flour.
- With a fork, prick the dough 15 times.
- Place cheese sticks around edge of dough about 1" in from the edge and fold dough over the cheese.
- Pinch dough.
- together with fingers to seal.
- Brush with remaining oil.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- To prepare sauce, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 25 minutes, or until sauce is thickened and the flavors have blended.
- Spread sauce evenly over a crust.
- Sprinkle with cheeses, pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown.
- NOTES: The cheese in the.