Recipe by teresa
I'm crazy about anything with cheese in it and this is just like having baked potatoes.
Top Review by ckarbousky
I tested this recipe a few days ago for a party we are hosting on Saturday...omg! I thought they were to die for! Absolutely the best cheesy potatoes that I have tasted. I don't even want to think about the calorie and fat content, but if you are looking for a recipe to take to a family potluck that will be a sure-fire hit, look no further. Disclaimer: I had to use cream of mushroom soup since we were out of cream of chicken and, as someone else mentioned, I hate the texture of onions so I used onion powder.
- 2 -3 lbs potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes with skins on until almost done.
- Slice into crock pot after peeling (I do not usually peel mine). Mix ingredients in bowl. Cover potatoes with mixture.
- Cook on high for about an hour in crock pot or low for 3 to 5 hours.
- We are a cheese loving family so I usually add extra cheese.