Recipe by Iowa Jenny
This recipe is so thick, creamy and umm..umm good! It's a very filling dish that goes well with baked ham around the holidays. A staple in our family on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually double the recipe to make sure that I have left-overs to enjoy the next day!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (plain, unseasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the bottom of crock pot with non-stick spray. I use Pam when I have it on hand or I use one of the new crock pot cooking liners for quick cleanup.
- Spread the potatoes on the bottom of crock pot.
- Simmer all remaining ingredients just until cheese is melted and well incorporated. Do not bring to a boil.
- Pour cheese mixture over top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7-9 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours. Cooking time may vary depending on individual crock pots.