1/1 Photo of Cheesy, Creamy, Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
The title says it all! People have been known to burn their tongues on these because they just couldn't wait! Vegetarian's can skip the bacon or use imitation bacon. One half is a meal!!! Very filling! If you want a green salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes, almost 1 pound each scrubbed
- sea salt, for rubbing on skins before baking
- 8 slices bacon, about 1/3 pound
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 lb Fontina cheese, finely cubed
- 1/8 cup romano cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Rub potatoes with salt.
- 3Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 5Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- 6Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 7When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- 8Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl set skins aside for filling.
- 9To the potatoes add sour cream, heavy cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 the green onions and cheeses saving 1/4 cup cheddar for topping.
- 10Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- 11Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- 12Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- 13Bake for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy, Creamy, Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g