Recipe by Rita~
The title says it all! People have been known to burn their tongues on these because they just couldn't wait! Vegetarian's can skip the bacon or use imitation bacon. One half is a meal!!! Very filling! If you want a green salad on the side.
- 4 large baking potatoes, almost 1 pound each scrubbed
- sea salt, for rubbing on skins before baking
- 8 slices bacon, about 1/3 pound
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lb Fontina cheese, finely cubed
- 1⁄8 cup romano cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub potatoes with salt.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl set skins aside for filling.
- To the potatoes add sour cream, heavy cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 the green onions and cheeses saving 1/4 cup cheddar for topping.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.