Recipe by Chera
Yummy! This dish is a great comfort food and reminds me of the au gratin potatoes that Ivar's Salmon House in Seattle, WA, serve. I concocted this dish by throwing a few ingredients together that I had on hand and the dish is one of my family and friends favorite!
- 2 -3 large potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened to the point of almost melted
- 1 -2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how much you love cheese, I always use 2 cups)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with a light dusting of non stick spray.
- Peel the potatoes. Put them in the microwave for approximately 5-7 minutes until they are 3/4 of the way cooked. Slice the potatoes and put them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients together and pour on top of the potatoes.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When serving I add a sprinkling of chopped green onion over the top. Enjoy!