1/2 Photos of Cheesy Creamy Onion Soup
1 hr 50 mins
This is a very warm hearty soup, definitely a comfort food. It takes a little time to make but it's not anything difficult. I used sweet onions but you can use stronger if that's your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy pot over medium heat bring to boil 2 quarts water. Stir in bouillon. Once dissolved, add onion, reduce heat and simmer 30 minute.
- 2Stir in salt and pepper. Simmer 30 more minute.
- 3Stir flour into 1/2 cup water till smooth. Whisk into simmering soup. Simmer 30 more minute.
- 4Stir in cream and cheese until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Creamy Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 1427.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g