Recipe by witchstorm
This is a very warm hearty soup, definitely a comfort food. It takes a little time to make but it's not anything difficult. I used sweet onions but you can use stronger if that's your taste.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I'm a huge onion fan and I loved this soup. I used sweet onions. I think they work best in a soup like this. The monterey jack cheese was a great choice and texture was just right. I garnished with crunchy garlic croutons. YUM! Thanx for posting this!
- 2 quarts water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat bring to boil 2 quarts water. Stir in bouillon. Once dissolved, add onion, reduce heat and simmer 30 minute.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Simmer 30 more minute.
- Stir flour into 1/2 cup water till smooth. Whisk into simmering soup. Simmer 30 more minute.
- Stir in cream and cheese until cheese is melted. Serve hot.