Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For more sauce add in another can of soup
Top Review by kzbhansen
This deserves 10 Stars!!! SOOO wonderful!!! I used 3 cans of Cream of mushroom soup, 6oz of Velveeta and a heaping Tablespoon of Garlic! I made this with steak tonight. The sauce is wonderful!! Fabulous Recipe!!!! Thanks for another winner!!!!
- 8-9 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (595.33 g) can mushroom soup, undiluted (can use 2 cans golden mushroom soup also)
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 250 g Velveeta cheese, cubed small (can use more)
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use 3-4 green onions also)
- 158.51 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a larger-size casserole dish (enough to hold the mixture, I use my white Corning Ware 13 x 9-inch baking dish for this).
- Place the sliced potatoes in the the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cubed Velveeta cheese, whipping cream, melted butter, seasoning salt, (I use about 1 teaspoon) and pepper to taste minced garlic, chopped onion and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- Pour over the potatoes in the dish; mix/toss to coat.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, (uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking).
- NOTE about 15 minutes before removing from oven, if desired sprinkle about 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese on top, then return to oven for about 15 minutes, this is optional only.