For more sauce add in another can of soup
Make and share this Cheesy Creamy Garlic Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -9 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans mushroom soup, undiluted (can use 2 cans golden mushroom soup also)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 250 g Velveeta cheese, cubed small (can use more)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use 3-4 green onions also)
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a larger-size casserole dish (enough to hold the mixture, I use my white Corning Ware 13 x 9-inch baking dish for this).
- Place the sliced potatoes in the the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cubed Velveeta cheese, whipping cream, melted butter, seasoning salt, (I use about 1 teaspoon) and pepper to taste minced garlic, chopped onion and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- Pour over the potatoes in the dish; mix/toss to coat.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, (uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking).
- NOTE about 15 minutes before removing from oven, if desired sprinkle about 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese on top, then return to oven for about 15 minutes, this is optional only.