1/2 Photos of Cheesy Creamy Garlic Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
For more sauce add in another can of soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -9 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans mushroom soup, undiluted (can use 2 cans golden mushroom soup also)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 250 g Velveeta cheese, cubed small (can use more)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use 3-4 green onions also)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a larger-size casserole dish (enough to hold the mixture, I use my white Corning Ware 13 x 9-inch baking dish for this).
- 3Place the sliced potatoes in the the baking dish.
- 4In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cubed Velveeta cheese, whipping cream, melted butter, seasoning salt, (I use about 1 teaspoon) and pepper to taste minced garlic, chopped onion and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- 5Pour over the potatoes in the dish; mix/toss to coat.
- 6Top with remaining 1/3 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake, covered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, (uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking).
- 8NOTE about 15 minutes before removing from oven, if desired sprinkle about 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese on top, then return to oven for about 15 minutes, this is optional only.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Creamy Garlic Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.8
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 1293.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g