1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1365209's Note:
This is my one of my versions of the classic filipino style baked macaroni with an american twist. Its very cheesy and very creamy! Please note that the OZ. measurements might be incorrect so try to eyeball the measurements. Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, powdered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ragu pasta sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ketchup (Jufran)
- 3/4 cup cheese, shredded (magnolia or velveeta cheese)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can table cream
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups chicken broth (depending how thick you want it to be)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (magnolia or velveeta)
- 1Red sauce:.
- 2Melt butter in pan. Sauté onions and garlic. Add beef, salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Once the beef is done, add the Ragu, Jufran and simmer until it bubbles. Add the boullion cube and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes Then add the shredded cheese. Allow it to melt and simmer for an additional 10 minutes Adjust to taste.
- 3White sauce:.
- 4Melt butter in pan; add flour while stirring constantly to remove the lumps. Once it has been well mixed, add the all purpose cream and chicken broth. Increase heat and stir constantly until the mixture has thickened. Add the cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Add more chicken broth to thin out sauce or add more flour to thicken.
- 5Assembly: Preheat oven to 325°F Mix the red sauce with the cooked macaroni and put it onto the baking dish. Layer it with the white sauce and top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the top has lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Creamy Baked Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.0
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 2539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 34.4 g