1/1 Photo of Cheesy, Creamy Alfredo Chicken Casserole - Forevermama
1 hr 15 mins
Nothing says comfort like a good chicken casserole. Perfect for using left-over chicken or turkey! Hey ladies & gents, use it when you don't know what to do with all the leftover Thanksgiving turkey. I normally cut up the chicken and mix the sauce ingredients the night before. Next day - all there is to do is put everything together, stick it in the oven and voila, dinner is ready in no time for those rushed weekday nights! Note that this serves 10ish, therefore you may want to halve it depending on size of family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, chopped into large chunks
- 2 (14 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (I imagine yogurt can be used to save on calories, but because I haven't used it, not sure of results)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic and parsley seasoning (or 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 3/4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- freshly grated black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions (adding salt and oil to water); drain and set aside. Grate mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- 2In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour alfredo cheese mixture over chicken and mix thoroughly. (if making the night before, store bowl with alfredo/chicken mixture, another separate bowl with pasta and another bowl with mozzarella in the refrigerator = total of 3 bowls).
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13" casserole dish.
- 4Mix alfredo/chicken mixture with pasta and distribute evenly. Place in a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese over the top of chicken mixture.
- 5Place in preheated oven for 45 - 60 minutes or until bubbly and golden over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy, Creamy Alfredo Chicken Casserole - Forevermama
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.3 mg
- Sodium 383.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: