Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in our local grocery store's (Hannaford) sale circular. I plan on making this as one of my side dishes on Easter Sunday so posting on Zaar for safe keeping. The only changes I will make with the recipe is in place of the canned spinach, I will be using 2 10 oz. boxes of frozen chopped spinach that I will defrost and squeeze dry. I will probably also double the recipe because we are all spinach lovers here.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans spinach leaves, drained and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or butter a one quart casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, eggs, soup, sour cream, milk and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Spoon into casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with French Fried Onions.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes and serve.