I love to entertain and always looking for yummy appetizers. These wonderful little tarts are compliments of Paula Deen. I prepared them ahead of time and warmed them in the oven before my guests arrived. Besides their scrumptious taste and slight kick they make a beautiful presentation. I also substituted the lump crab with imitation crab.
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, I used light with success
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed. See above note
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 32 cups of a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Place center of wonton wrappers in bottom of mini muffin cups, pressing edges of wrappers against sides of pan to form a cup. Spray edges of wonton wrappers with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, and next 6 ingredients; beat with an electric mixer at low speed until smoooth. Fold in crabmeat, green onion, and red bell pepper. Spoon crab mixture evenly into prepared wonton cups. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until center are set and wonton is lightly browned.