Recipe by Canadian Jane
These are wonderful. I use for entertaining, or if I'm feeling self-indulgent, I just make them for no reason at all!
- 2 loaves sandwich bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained (canned)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut circle out of bread, using medium sized glass.
- Brush melted butter on both sides of circles and press gently into muffin tins to form a shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, until edges are crisp and golden brown.
- To make filling, melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Let butter bubble, then stir in flour to form a smooth paste. Let bubble and add milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then turn heat to low. When mixture forms a thick, creamy sauce, add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Spoon into shells and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.