Recipe by *Parsley*
This soup is simple to make. Kind of like a chowder, a hearty soup but no potatoes.
Top Review by swein563
This is one of the best soups I make. I add a green pepper diced to it at the same time I'm sauteing the celery and onion. I also use the fake crabmeat which is much cheaper and it tastes fine.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 -16 ounces fresh lump crabmeat (I usually use a full pound)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or mild cheddar)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Add flour; stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk gradually; add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper, paprika and chili powder. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Add corn, tomatoes and crabmeat; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese until soup is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve. Garnish with the chopped parsley.