1/1 Photo of Cheesy Crab Chowder
5 hrs 20 mins
I like to make this in the slow cooker, but it can easily be made on the stovetop as well in a portion of the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Put the first 10 ingredients in the slow cooker with the next 4 spices.
- 2Cover and cook on high.
- 3Meanwhile, melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, slowly whisking in the cornstarch and milk.
- 4Transfer milk to slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the crabmeat and cheese and turn the cooker down to low.
- 7**For thicker broth, repeat step #3-4, using broth from the slow cooker instead of more milk (melt butter and stir in corn starch, then adding broth from the cooker).
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Crab Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 1335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning