Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb old English cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 8 fluid ounces milk
- 4 fluid ounces melted butter
- 12 ounces crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed
- 5 eggs
- 1 can mushroom soup
- Place alternate layers of cheese, bread and crabmeat (twice) in a buttered oven-proof casserole.
- Beat eggs, milk and melted butter and pour over the layered mixture.
- Bake in a pan of water at 350° Fahrenheit 1 to 1½ hours.
- Serve with sauce: 1 can of mushroom soup, undiluted and heated.