A petite main dish for four. Sharp cheddar is used in this dish to boost the flavor of the sauce. Don't use reduced fat cheese in this one, it tends to toughen up in this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cut
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat or 6 ounces crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons round crackers, crushed (about 3 crackers)
- 1Cook the broccoli according to package directions; drain.
- 2In 4 individual 14 to 16 ounce au gratin dishes or oval casseroles arrange broccoli and crab flavored fish pieces; set dishes aside.
- 3For sauce, in medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- 4Add mushrooms and garlic and cook about 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 5Stir in flour and pepper.
- 6Stir in milk all at once.
- 7Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; remove from the heat.
- 8Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- 9Spoon sauce over broccoli and fish in dishes.
- 10Cover dishes with foil.
- 11Bake in 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly. (If desired, refrigerate casseroles for 2 to 24 hours.
- 12To serve, bake, covered, in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly)
- 13Combine Parmesan cheese and crushed crackers; sprinkle over casseroles.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Crab and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 535.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g