Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be either a side dish, or cut smaller squares to serve as an appetizer. From Taste of Home, 2001 Annual Recipes.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 432.33 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 4.92 ml paprika
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients. Stir in eggs, corn, ricotta, onion, Parmesan. oil, and 4 oz. mozzarella; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350, for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
This was super yummy! :) A great comfort food. My 13 yo DD made it by herself (Dad just had to show her what ricotta and parm-reggiano was!) I used a no salt added can of creamed corn (instead of kernel corn, by accident), 1 1/2 C of mozzarella and whole wheat flour. It was so moist and everyone loved it. Definitely a keeper. Ours did not come out as brown as the picture.
This was a hit at a brunch I took them to. Even my very critical mother liked them! I would like to try them with a little jalapeno or cayenne pepper next time. I got 3 dozen small squares.