Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make these corn muffins often, especially on the weekends - the kids love to snack on them.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in cornmeal and cheese.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add beaten egg, milk, and the melted butter.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased 2-inch muffin cups 2/3sfull.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Note: Crumbled bacon in the batter is a nice addition.
i made mini muffins and took your advice- added some cooked bacon to half the batter for one batch. these were savory and went great with pulled pork.
These are good but they baked out a tad on the dry side, I even reduced the oven temp to 350 degrees, thanks for sharing Ev!...Kitten