- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in cornmeal and cheese.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add beaten egg, milk, and the melted butter.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased 2-inch muffin cups 2/3sfull.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Note: Crumbled bacon in the batter is a nice addition.