Recipe by True Texas
From the Food Network, Emeril Lagasse show. This has a wonderful flavor and last the two of us for days. The only change I made was to spray my pan with Pam.I found the muffins tend to stick to the pan with the butter.
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal or 1 cup white cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 12 - cup muffin tin with the soften butter. (I use Pam instead, the butter sticks too much.)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cayenne and mix well. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing just until it forms a batter, being careful not to over mix. Fold in corn, cheese and jalapenos.
- Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in to the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve hot or at room temperature.