Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat and low GI Add some ham and tomatoes if you wish. Great for a weekend breakfast. Also good with scrambled or poached eggs.
for the corn fritters
- 100 g maize flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 75 ml milk
- 70 g canned sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground caraway seed
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons fromage frais
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- For the fritters.
- place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. break in the egg and add the oil. Whish together adding the milk to make a smooth thick batter.
- stir in the sweetcorn and spices.
- Brush a pan with oil and pour in a quarter of the mixture, brown over a medium heat and then flip. Once both sides are browned remove and keep warm.
- Spread the fromage frais on the fritter and top with the tomatoes and sesame seeds.
This was good, I used corn flour and also added in a teaspoon of baking powder, also I omitted the topping, thanks,...Kitten:)