Recipe by cookin'forusinTN
I adopted this recipe from Kraft. My kids love corn dogs but as they've gotten older it has become quite a pricey meal so this is a very budget friendly alternative. I serve it with fries, slaw & baked beans for a complete meal.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 4 large oscar mayer bun-length hot dogs, cut lengthwise in half
- 4 slices kraft deli style American cheese, cut diagonally in half
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Arrange wieners on top of batter.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minute or until cornbread is golden brown.
- REMOVE from oven. Immediately top with cheese pieces; cover with foil. Let stand 5 minute or until cheese is melted.