This baked corn casserole is a popular side dish at Smokestack restaurant in Kansas City. This recipe first appeared in our June/July 2011 BBQ issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 lbs fresh corn kernels (may sub frozen)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Transfer mixture to a greased 9″ × 13″ baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Corn Casserole - No Corn Meal or Muffin Mix
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 287.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g