Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love corn, and I love this recipe. This recipe has been around a long time, but I just discovered it. I hope you like it too!
- 3 (16 ounce) packages corn, frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup American cheese, cubed
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot, mixing well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
I made this delicious corn dish for our Thanksgiving potluck lunch at work and the only complaint was that I didn't make two batches! If you like your food spicy (like my bosses), this is NOT the one for you. But if you like creamy "comfort food", this is a definate winner. I cooked mine on high for 1-1/2 hours due to time constraints (stirring it often) and then reduced temp. to low for the remaining 1-1/2 hours. I will make this recipe often in the future.
I took this to a potluck dinner and received several compliments. I added bacon to the recipe and it turned out great. I cooked it in the crockpot on high for 2 hours and stirred it frequently instead of the 4 hours on low.