Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Copy cat from The Smokehouse
Make and share this Cheesy Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 lbs corn kernels
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375°. Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a 9″ × 13″ baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.