Recipe by TexasHurricane
I came up with this in a attempt to add more vegetables to my diet. This cheesy dish tastes indulgent without compromising your waste line. Add the cream cheese for a richer tasting side. By my calculations, this is 55 calories per serving without the cream cheese and about 65 calories per serving with the cream cheese.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the green chilies. I also didn't cook in the oven. I just cooked everything on the stove top. Even my 8 year old liked this. Nice quick easy side dish.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 2 pieces Laughing Cow light swiss cheese (wedges)
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cream cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain corn, green beans and green chilies.
- Cut cheese up into smaller pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook over medium-high heat until cheese is melted. Stir frequently.
- Once the cheese is melted, pour mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.