Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this in a attempt to add more vegetables to my diet. This cheesy dish tastes indulgent without compromising your waste line. Add the cream cheese for a richer tasting side. By my calculations, this is 55 calories per serving without the cream cheese and about 65 calories per serving with the cream cheese.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 2 pieces Laughing Cow light swiss cheese (wedges)
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cream cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain corn, green beans and green chilies.
- Cut cheese up into smaller pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook over medium-high heat until cheese is melted. Stir frequently.
- Once the cheese is melted, pour mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the green chilies. I also didn't cook in the oven. I just cooked everything on the stove top. Even my 8 year old liked this. Nice quick easy side dish.