1/3 Photos of Cheesy Chorizo Wedges
Chorizo, cheese, salsa, tortillas, baked in oven until crispy. Serve with salsa, Guacamole, and Sour Cream if it is to your liking. A nice snack or main course if piled up with sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 serranos, chopped finely (optional)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 2 green onions, green parts chopped into thin rings
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded, and chopped into thin rings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, and chopped into thin rings
- 3 -4 flour tortillas
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Remove chorizo from skins and cook in a skillet until no longer pink, add the serranos, and continue cooking until well browned and a bit caramelized.
- 3Sprinkle Chorizo over tops of tortillas, leaving a 1/8 inch free around the edge.
- 4cover with cheeses, you may certainly add more-I do, sprinkle with green onions, and bell pepper slices.
- 5Bake until cheese is golden and the edges are slightly browned, about ten to fifteen minutes, depending on oven, etc.
- 6Serve topped with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chorizo Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.0
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 1345.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 30.5 g