Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend about 5 years ago. It became a family favorite that I now serve at least once a month. I hope you enjoy it as much as family does.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Prepare rice a roni to package directions, when rice is tender spread rice in an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in 1 tbsp olive oil skillet over medium heat until just lightly browned on both sides and then place chops on rice in dish.
- Slice bell peppers and onion into rings and saute in 1-2 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Place sauted onion and peppers over pork chops.
- Top dish with grated pepper jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes until pork chops are cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.
This is sooo.. good and sooo.. rich! The flavors blended very well together. It's an all in 1 dish with a salad on the side to complete the meal. Thanks for posting it.