This recipe was given to me by a friend about 5 years ago. It became a family favorite that I now serve at least once a month. I hope you enjoy it as much as family does.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Prepare rice a roni to package directions, when rice is tender spread rice in an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in 1 tbsp olive oil skillet over medium heat until just lightly browned on both sides and then place chops on rice in dish.
- Slice bell peppers and onion into rings and saute in 1-2 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Place sauted onion and peppers over pork chops.
- Top dish with grated pepper jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes until pork chops are cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.