1/1 Photo of Cheesy Chops and Peppers Casserole
Julie Tremmel's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a friend about 5 years ago. It became a family favorite that I now serve at least once a month. I hope you enjoy it as much as family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 3Prepare rice a roni to package directions, when rice is tender spread rice in an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
- 4Combine cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- 5Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of pork chops.
- 6Brown pork chops in 1 tbsp olive oil skillet over medium heat until just lightly browned on both sides and then place chops on rice in dish.
- 7Slice bell peppers and onion into rings and saute in 1-2 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat 5-10 minutes until tender.
- 8Place sauted onion and peppers over pork chops.
- 9Top dish with grated pepper jack cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered 30 minutes until pork chops are cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chops and Peppers Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.5
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 226.0 mg
- Sodium 1950.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 73.6 g