Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are a kid favorite recipe. We can't have a bbq without the kids looking for these. My mom must have gotten this from Pillsbury source years ago. I grew up on this cookie.
- 2 (18 ounce) packagespillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut one roll of cookie mix into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put slices in ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- In bowl, blend 16 oz. cream cheese, at medium speed, until softened.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour evenly over slices in the pan.
- Cut 2nd roll of cookie mix into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place in pan, on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top (if desired).
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, slice in squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
These tasted okay, but I think the chocolate chip cookie parts (top & bottom) were too crumbly. I think they'd be better with a choc chip cookie recipe of your own, rather than the refridgerated kind. Still worth experimenting with!
These were good. I really enjoyed them....like cheesecake only in a bar!
These are really good - always called them chocolate chip cheesecake bars or something. I am not a cream cheese fan in baked goods, but I do like these, and they are always a hit! So easy to make too! Thanks for posting