Recipe by Latchy
These muffins are very tasty and go well with vegetable soup.
Top Review by Bee_410606361
Oh My Goodness... Finally a home made muffin that lives up to its promise. This was light and fluffy and delicious. Even my 2yo loved her "cake". Will be cooking this one again for sure. Sorry no phots..ate them too quickly.
- 300 g self raising flour
- 100 g butter, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped chives, fresh
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 125 g finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven.
- Grease a 6 hole (3/4cup/180ml capacity) muffin pan Place flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter, stir in the chives, poppy seeds, chili and cheese.
- Stir in combined remaining ingredients, taking care no to overmix.
- Divide the mixture among the pan holes, bake in a moderately hot oven 200-210 degree C for 30 minutes.
- Turn muffins onto a wire rack to cool.