Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Here is a recipe for that age old appliance called a jaffle iron or you can use the new age appliance called a sandwich maker. This is a good camping recipe if you have a jaffle iron.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 8 slices white bread
- Heat frypan over high heat, ad oil and onion.
- Cook about 6 minutes till well browned, seta side to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, chives and onion.
- Divide this between 4 slices bread.
- Top with remaining bread and place in heated jaffle iron.
- Cook over low flame for 2 minutes till golden.
- OR use sandwich maker according to instruction booklet.
This made an easy and very filling lunch. I used jarred onions which made the preparation time less then two minutes. I used my Panini press to toast the toasties. The toasties were yummy herby soft cheese with a crispy bread, delicious! Thanks KateW for a wonderful easy recipe.
Very much enjoyed. I used an 8 grain bread for this recipe. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
Yum! I cheated a little & used some Berenberg Caramelised Onion in a jar with a lovely vintage cheese and fresh chives from the garden..so simple but oh so delicious!!