Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This casserole can be made the night before serving. Wonderful served with fruit and juice.
- 3 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 12 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with 1 teaspoon butter. Place buttered side down in lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a separate skillet, brown sausage, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- Layer over English muffins half of each of the sausage, chilies and cheese. Whisk sour cream and eggs together and pour over casserole.
- Layer remaining sausage, chilies and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bake for 35-40 minutes until casserole is hot and eggs are set.