Recipe by ~Bekah~
A easy mexican casserole
Top Review by Annie H
This was surprisingly good! The ingredient list is simple enough that I thought it would be plain ol' comfort cookin', but the flavor combination was pleasant and just different enough to be interesting while still being that comfort food this California born girl loves. How good was it? Well, I had to omit the the garlic and forgot the onion and it was still good. lol When I'm not nursing anymore, I'll try following the recipe. I can see why you listed this as having only four servings since this is one of those recipes that is easy to take seconds and thirds of.
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheese, Shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- sour cream
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with pepper, onion and garlic; drain.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce, cumin and salt.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Spoon small amount of meat mixture in 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with 6 tortillas.
- Top with half the remaining meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese, repeat (except for cheese).
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350" for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and additional picante sauce.