Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great enchilada casserole. My family loves it. I just want to put it here for safe keeping. Hope you like it too!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown your beef, drain, add onion and peppers.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce and cumin.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Spray bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Layer 6 tortillas.
- Top with 1/2 half meat mixture. Sprinkle with one cup cheese.
- Layer remaining ingredients. Cover tightly with foil. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- To serve, top with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.