Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken breasts stuffed with cheese with a creamy garlic peppercorn sauce to top it off. Great recipe I got from my brothers girlfriend who is a chef.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, per person
- cheese, enough for a small amount for stuffing chicken per breast
- 1 slice bacon, per person
Creamy Garlic peppercorn sauce
- crushed peppercorn (I use peppercorn grinder)
- unsalted butter (usually 1-2 slices, chopped into cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- mushroom (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- double cream
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (2tablespoons to 1/2 cup of cold water)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Take your chicken breasts, cut using your knife on a slant so that you have butterfly wings/pockets. Do this for each individual chicken breast.
- Wrap in tinfoil and cook for 30mins in oven.
- Carefully unwrap chicken breasts and stuff pockets with a little cheese then cook for a further 10mins or until cheese is melted.
- For the sauce, grind lots of black pepper into a medium sized pot with 6-7cubes of unsalted butter (The more butter the better). Melt butter on a low heat.
- Add in crushed garlic and mushrooms (optional) Cook for a couple of mins until mushrooms are soft.
- Making sure your still cooking on a low heat, add 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Simmer for 5mins then add some of your cornflour mix until at the right consistency (Not too watery but not too thick).
- Add some of the double cream until you feel its nice and creamy. If your sauce has gone a bit watery, add some more of the cornflour mix to get the right consistency again. This might take a while to get right but you will know yourself.
- Serve your chicken with a slice of bacon on top then drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken. I usually serve this dish with some potato wedges to make a nice, filling meal.